The importance of cultural sensitivity and inclusivity at company events
What needs to be considered to make a (business) event inclusive?
- Accessibility: Ensure that the venue and all activities are accessible for people with disabilities.
- Diversity: Encourage a diverse range of attendees and speakers to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
- Language: Provide materials and interpreters in multiple languages if necessary.
- Food: Consider dietary restrictions and provide a variety of options for different cultures and religions.
- Cultural sensitivity: Be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences, customs and etiquette.
- Communication: Send out clear and detailed information about the event, including any accessibility or accommodation needs.
- Feedback: Encourage attendees to provide feedback, and act on it.
- Continual improvement: Continually review and improve policies and practices to ensure inclusivity at all events.